Iron gates lead one up a lengthy driveway to a porte-cochere and this striking updated English Tudor Revival Period estate. Custom millwork, intricate details, archways, mahogany from Majorca, stained glass from England, and leaded glass windows adorn the structures. The original occupant was Academy Award winning actor, Victor McLaglen, who named the estate 'Fairhaven'. Situated on close to 2 acres, there are a variety of mature trees, manicured foliage, grassy areas and 2 bridges. The main home offers a formal entry, music room, formal living room, formal dining room, library, kitchen and adjacent butler's pantry. Three bedrooms en suite are spacious, and offer views of the park-like grounds. The finished basement is complete with 2 gyms, office, bath, laundry area and wine cellar. The guest house offers hardwood floors, living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. The pool and spa area offer dining spaces with a shaded Wisteria covered trellis, and pool house with 2 baths. Other features include hand painted and padded fabric walls, crown moldings, high ceilings, custom fabrics, original mahogany wood floors, decorative wood detail, ornamental ceilings, distinctive lighting fixtures, updated systems, enclosed garden and 4 car garage.
- Style: Custom Built, English
- Status: Active Under Contract
- Days on Market: 12
- Property Type: Residential
- School District: La Canada Unified
- Zone Description: Buyer To Verify
- pool_features: In Ground
- fireplace_features: Dining Room, Wood, Living Room, Library, Decorative
- lot_square_footage: 82391
- patio_and_porch: Stone, Patio Open
- lot_features: Secluded,Sprinkler System,Sprinklers On Side,Sprinklers In Front,Back Yard,Sprinklers In Rear,Landscaped
- Appliances: Range, Microwave, Ice Maker, Refrigerator, Garbage Disposal, Dishwasher, Vented Exhaust Fan, Freezer
- Bathroom Features: Remodeled, Linen Closet/Storage
- Cooling: Central
- Exclusions: Formal Dining Room Chandelier, Formal Dining Room Mirror, All Mirrors In All Structures, Rooster In The Back Yard, Library Sconces, Library Television
- Exterior Features: Satellite Dish, Rain Gutters
- Foundation: Raised
- Heating: Forced Air
- Inclusions: Washer And Dryer.
- Interior Features: Copper Plumbing Full, Beamed Ceilings, Cathedral-Vaulted Ceilings, Pantry, Storage Space, High Ceilings (9 Feet+), 2 Staircases, Crown Moldings
- Kitchen Features: Remodeled Kitchen, Granite Counters, Kitchen Island
- Levels: Three Or More
- Other Structures: Greenhouse, Guest House
- Parking Features: Workshop, Porte-Cochere, Gated, Private, Guest, Auto Driveway Gate
- Property Subtype: Single Family Residence
- Subdivision: Not Applicable - 1007242
- View: Trees/Woods, Mountain, Bridge
The real estate listing information is provided by California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS® for the consumer’s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumer may be interested in purchasing or leasing. Any information relating to a property referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns the web site. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, and consumer is responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information. Copyright © California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. All Rights Reserved.
Updated: 26th May, 2018 3:17 PM.