Iron gates lead one up a lengthy driveway to a porte-cochere and this striking updated English Tudor Revival Period estate. Custom millwork, intricate details, archways, mahogany from Majorca, stained glass from England, and leaded glass windows adorn the structures. The original occupant was Academy Award winning actor, Victor McLaglen, who named the estate 'Fairhaven'. Situated on close to 2 acres, there are a variety of mature trees, manicured foliage, grassy areas and 2 bridges. The main home offers a formal entry, music room, formal living room, formal dining room, library, kitchen and adjacent butler's pantry. Three bedrooms en suite are spacious, and offer views of the park-like grounds. The finished basement is complete with 2 gyms, office, bath, laundry area and wine cellar. The guest house offers hardwood floors, living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. The pool and spa area offer dining spaces with a shaded Wisteria covered trellis, and pool house with 2 baths. Other features include hand painted and padded fabric walls, crown moldings, high ceilings, custom fabrics, original mahogany wood floors, decorative wood detail, ornamental ceilings, distinctive lighting fixtures, updated systems, enclosed garden and 4 car garage.
- Days on Market: 84
- Property Type: Residential
- School District: La Canada Unified
- Status: Pending
- Style: English, Custom Built
- Zone Description: Buyer To Verify
- fireplace_features: Decorative, Wood, Dining Room, Library, Living Room
- lot_features: Back Yard,Landscaped,Secluded,Sprinklers In Front,Sprinklers In Rear,Sprinklers On Side,Sprinkler System
- lot_square_footage: 82391
- patio_and_porch: Patio Open, Stone
- pool_features: In Ground
- Appliances: Dishwasher, Freezer, Garbage Disposal, Ice Maker, Refrigerator, Vented Exhaust Fan, Microwave, Range
- Bathroom Features: Linen Closet/Storage, Remodeled
- Cooling: Central
- Exclusions: Formal Dining Room Chandelier, Formal Dining Room Mirror, All Mirrors In All Structures, Rooster In The Back Yard, Library Sconces, Library Television, Draperies And All Related Hardware In East Bedroom In Main Home.
- Exterior Features: Rain Gutters, Satellite Dish
- Foundation: Raised
- Heating: Forced Air
- Inclusions: Washer And Dryer.
- Interior Features: 2 Staircases, Beamed Ceilings, Cathedral-Vaulted Ceilings, Crown Moldings, High Ceilings (9 Feet+), Storage Space, Pantry, Copper Plumbing Full
- Kitchen Features: Granite Counters, Kitchen Island, Remodeled Kitchen
- Levels: Three Or More
- Other Structures: Greenhouse, Guest House
- Parking Features: Auto Driveway Gate, Gated, Workshop, Guest, Porte-Cochere, Private
- Property Subtype: Single Family Residence
- Subdivision: Not Applicable - 1007242
- View: Bridge, Mountain, Trees/Woods
The real estate listing information is provided by California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS® for the consumer’s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumer may be interested in purchasing or leasing. Any information relating to a property referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns the web site. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, and consumer is responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information. Copyright © California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. All Rights Reserved.
Updated: 20th July, 2018 9:08 PM.